During this time of heightened stress and anxiety, many people are being negatively impacted mentally, physically, and financially. In a recent survey of 1,500 people, 90% of people reported feeling emotional distress as a result of the current crisis. (source, source)
Previously, I summarized how essential oils support mental and brain health as they stop stress in its tracks. This accompanying video further clarifies the importance of taking care of our nervous system right now. I also discuss how stress hijacks the brain and body and the different mechanisms of actions of essential oils for mitigating unwanted effects.
In this 15-minute video you will learn:
-Why it’s important to pay attention to our mental health.
-How essential oils prevent negative effects resulting from chronic, unrelenting stress.
-Single essential oils and blends that ease the nerves and support the body when feeling stressed and anxious.
- The single essential oils reviewed include lavender, frankincense, citrus oils, and peppermint.
- The essential oils blends for emotional support that are highlighted are Four thieves, abundance, joy, hope, courage, and a bright future.
-Other self-care techniques to support the mind-body-spirit.
-The benefits of compassion and open-mindedness to overcome obstacles.
-How well-being can downregulate epigenetic inflammatory patterns related to adversity.
Resource articles from the video:
- Previous video review on essential oils for brain and mental health
- Neuroprotective and Anti-Aging Potentials of Essential Oils from Aromatic and Medicinal Plants
- Top five single oils for anxiety and stress
- Mental health and safe-care modalities
- Abundance, joy, and hope blends
- Using compassion, grit, and purpose during a crisis
- Grounding and courage, mind-body spirit, and a bright future essential oils blends
- Quality essential oils
Please feel free to share your thoughts and comment below.
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
According to experts and the World Health Organization (WHO), there is no approved standard of care treatment, cure, or preventative for COVID-19. Supportive measures and containment are in full force as a result. Please see the CDC website and your state’s website for more information and updates. They also state when to contact your physician related to symptoms and travel history, exposures. Please read my more detailed article on this subject here.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.