With suicides, clinical depression, domestic violence and small business closures on the uptick, the nation is experiencing a profound psychological crisis. Unfortunately, effective measures to fully support society’s emotional well-being have not been fully implemented. It is my belief that naturopathic doctors (NDs) can provide holistic resources to alleviate some of the negative mental health impacts of these recent happenings. *
Naturopathic medicine (NM) is a holistic and integrative healthcare model. NDs focus on providing the most natural means possible to support brain health at the biochemical level. At the same time, NDs also address the physical, relational, spiritual, and emotional issues that can also contribute to psychiatric disorders. Essential oils are a modality that I use that partners perfectly with this form of mind-body medicine and five of the naturopathic principles.
Two-Part Video Premier Release: Achieving Emotional and Hormonal Harmony with Essential Oils
I am pleased to announce that today is the official release of my two-part video series on using essential oils to regain emotional and hormonal harmony. This new series will take you on a journey to assist with brain, mood, and hormonal balance, which are all interconnected.
It is my hope that these videos will encourage you to be more mindful of emotional impacts and prevent and alleviate some of the resulting mental and physical negative, downstream effects.
Participating in this series also offers the following resources:
-additional videos on the many wellness benefits of using essential oils
-a webinar on “greening” your home using essential oils
-tips on how to best get started with essential oils
-my weekly naturopathic and functional medicine blog
-announcements on upcoming group programs
My passion is to empower individuals to achieve their health goals and experience the benefits of naturopathic medicine and essential oils to optimize their emotional and physical wellness.
I am excited to offer these resources to you and hope you find them helpful.
If you have any questions or feedback, please be in touch.
Mental Health Resources
*If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and/or are suicidal, please seek professional mental health support:
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (U.S.) — Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line — Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor
- Lifeline Crisis Chat — Chat online with a specialist who can provide emotional support, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services at www.crisischat.org
Other Helpful Resources
Below are some of the highlights of the many free resources on this website:
- Four Essential Oils Blends for Supporting the Mind-Body and Easing Tension
- VIDEO: How Your Brain and Body Suffer with Too Much Stress & Naturopathic Medicine Tips for Calming the Mind and Relieving Overwhelm
- Video Recap: Essential Oils to Ease the Stress & Anxiety of Back to School
- The Importance of Fun, Music, & Play for Mental Health
- Video Recap: Essential Oils for Brain and Mental Health & Soothing Stress
- 10 Natural Ways to Relieve Stress and Calm the Mind-Body During Trying Times
- Video: A Naturopathic Doctor’s Approach to Thyroid Health Using Essential Oils: Video Recap & Additional Resources
Additional Supportive Techniques & Tools
- The Tapping Solution, A Technique to Lower Cortisol and Reduce Stress- Podcast interview by Dr. Kara Fitzgerald with Nick Ortner.
- Stress management tips and resources
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
According to experts and the World Health Organization (WHO), there is no approved standard of care treatment, cure, or preventative for COVID-19. Supportive measures and containment are in full force as a result. Please see the CDC website and your state’s website for more information and updates. They also state when to contact your physician related to symptoms and travel history, exposures. Please read my more detailed article on this subject here.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.
Thanks Pixabay and Canva.