In the finale of my series on how to stay healthy in a world full of unregulated, ubiquitous, persistent, and harmful chemicals, I provided a comprehensive compilation of resources to help one make empowering and safer purchasing choices. I also discussed many of the factors to consider before starting a cleansing and detoxifying protocol to decrease one’s total toxic burden. These aspects are critical to be aware of in order to prevent unwanted side effects and to ensure that the body is well-nourished to handle this energy-demanding process.
One of the common themes in my articles has been the importance of “trading up,” or replacing pesticide-ridden, nutrient-depleted foods, and chemically laden purchases for organic foods and non-toxic consumables. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done for many, based on their socioeconomic implications, accessibility, and availability.
One of my favorite solutions for affordable, healthy personal care, cleaning, and consumer merchandise are essential oils and essential oils-infused products. Although price ranges vary, many basic oils are very reasonable and last months, as only one or a few drops are needed per application.
In this post, you’ll be offered resources and ideas for incorporating them into your life to enhance your wellness as you decrease negative exposures.
Just as with various cosmetics and chemicals, essential oils are unregulated, so please ensure they are high quality before you partake in making recipes or buying them. Information on determining quality of essential oils can be found here.
Trading Harmful Chemicals for Essential Oils Webinar
This week, I am re-posting a webinar for my subscribers on using essential oils and essential oils-infused products for a safer home and healthier body. I thought it was a great way to round off my five- part series on how to navigate through this chemical-filled world with a little more ease. Although some of the manufacture information and purchasing options have been updated recently, the content and science is still valid.
In this 25-minute webinar you will learn:
- An overview on the basic science and characteristics of essential oils
- The importance of purity and quality of essential oils
- The process of manufacturing essential oils
- How I recommend getting started with essential oils
- Some statistics on the state of our toxic world, along with resources and solutions
- How to incorporate essential oils and essential oils-infused products into your everyday health and cleaning regimens
Click here to learn more and watch the webinar.
Note: This webinar is only accessible through a password provided to my subscribers.
If you would like to view it and are not a current subscriber, it will be available for the first week in April 2021. Simply subscribe and reply to the confirmation email with a request for the webinar password.
More Essential Oils Resources
DIY Recipes for Cleaning with Essential Oils
If one cannot afford pre-made essential oils products, DIY options are available!
I have no affiliation with these post authors or products listed below in the posts. This list is strictly for providing information for my readers.
- 20 Essential Oil Cleaning Recipes – DIY Natural Cleaners
- DIY Cleaning Recipes with Essential Oils
- Loving Essential Oils DIY Recipes
Non-Toxic Living with Oils
Learn more about non-toxic living with essential oils in the following blogs:
- Dirty Environments, Harmful Chemicals, and the Smell of Hope… with Essential Oils
- Is Your Body a Toxic Dumping Ground? Chemicals, Critters, and Essential Oils, Oh My!
- Sanitizing Our Beloved Bugs to Death! The Trouble with Triclosan and Some Natural Solutions
- We’re All Toxic- What Now?! (Short Video by Young Dr. Sarah)
- 3 Things Not to Do When Dealing with the Overwhelm of Living in a Toxic World
Mental Health Resources
*If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and/or are suicidal, please seek professional mental health support:
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (U.S.) — Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line — Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor
- Lifeline Crisis Chat — Chat online with a specialist who can provide emotional support, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services at www.crisischat.org
Other Helpful Links
Below are some of the highlights of the many free emotional health resources on this website:
- Four Essential Oils Blends for Supporting the Mind-Body and Easing Tension
- VIDEO: How Your Brain and Body Suffer with Too Much Stress & Naturopathic Medicine Tips for Calming the Mind and Relieving Overwhelm
- Video Recap: Essential Oils to Ease the Stress & Anxiety of Back to School
- The Importance of Fun, Music, & Play for Mental Health
- Video Recap: Essential Oils for Brain and Mental Health & Soothing Stress
- 10 Natural Ways to Relieve Stress and Calm the Mind-Body During Trying Times
- Video: A Naturopathic Doctor’s Approach to Thyroid Health Using Essential Oils: Video Recap & Additional Resources
Additional Supportive Techniques & Tools
- The Tapping Solution, A Technique to Lower Cortisol and Reduce Stress- Podcast interview by Dr. Kara Fitzgerald with Nick Ortner.
- Stress management tips and resources
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
According to experts and the World Health Organization (WHO), there is no approved standard of care treatment, cure, or preventative for COVID-19. Supportive measures and containment are in full force as a result. Please see the CDC website and your state’s website for more information and updates. They also state when to contact your physician related to symptoms and travel history, exposures. Please read my more detailed article on this subject here.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.
Thanks Pixabay and Canva.