Combining Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine for Holistic Consultations
I use my own unique blend of naturopathic medicine and functional medicine in my practice.
The Naturopathic Medicine principles hold importance to addressing the whole person, not just organ parts, with the aim to get to the underlying root of your issue. It is not considered optimal to suppress symptoms without addressing the cause of the dysfunction, as this will not lead to true healing.
Functional Medicine is a system-based approach that views all body systems as connected. It also provides insight into your specific biochemical imbalances to offer precise supplement or medication guidance based on your unique body’s needs.
These two medical paradigms are rooted in an understanding of conventional medicine and how it interacts with integrative therapies for safe and effective wellness outcomes.
Read more about how a naturopathic doctor and functional medicine can help with your healthcare here.
Overview: Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Consultations
I incorporate my training in naturopathic medicine and functional medicine to help empower individuals to achieve their current health goals. I use a combination of mind-body medicine, pharmaceutical-grade supplements, nutraceuticals, essential oils, and medical foods as my main therapeutic modalities.
Currently, my private wellness consultation practice is through telephone. This means you can have your wellness consultations while you are cozy at home and can relax after without worrying about rushing through traffic. That being said, I also understand the value of face-to-face interactions. For this reason, office hours will be available once the current global issue is settled down.
You can learn more here.
Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Wellness Visits Offerings: *
- A combined naturopathic medicine and functional medicine consult with spacious individualized attention
- Email clarifications between visits regarding the current plan discussed
- Recommendations continually assessed and updated based on your own unique bio- individuality and changes that occur
- Comprehensive functional and wellness review of conventional and specialty labs (see below)
- Suggestions that integrate naturopathic and functional medicine with conventional options from your PCP
- Expertise on the latest in medicine and health from extensive after hours training
- Health updates through weekly-bimonthly email blogs (if you so choose)
- Comprehensive nutritional & body wellness support
- A naturopathic doctor who upholds the Health at Every Size pledge. This means I honor all body sizes and believe that everyone, regardless of body size, ethnicity, race, gender identity, religion, or culture deserves optimal wellness care.**
- Virtual dispensary for optimizing individualized selection
- Discounted shipping rates
*Please note all wellness consultations are virtual, through telephone, unless prearranged.
**Specific food plans are used for those with unique health challenges ONLY when appropriate and are discussed thoroughly with extensive guidance. This is to ensure adequate nourishment and prevent disordered eating behaviors.
Information for New Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Clients
Typical individualized new consultations run for approximately 90 minutes and the initial consultation fee is $335 (including the $100 prepayment).
My office uses PayPal for service fees which are due 24 hours prior to the time of service to secure your appointment.
Please have access to a computer and email account. My practice’s preferred method of communication and clarification is via email when possible. This keeps my overhead lower so I can communicate directly with my clients and keep a personal touch.
Although I am a licensed naturopathic doctor, NYS does not currently license naturopathic physicians as Primary Care Providers (PCP); therefore, insurance does not cover Naturopathic or Functional Medicine consultations or allow prescribing rights in New York. I assist clients as a wellness consultant and a partner in empowering them with information for a healthy and more vital life; drug-nutrient and drug-herbal interactions; optimizing and safe use of supplementation; and more! Click here to learn more.
Information for Scheduling a New Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Consultation
Please contact me prior to your completion of forms to have a FREE 15-minute brief consultation to see if we are a good therapeutic match. I want to ensure you get what you need, even it means referring you to someone else who has a different specialty! Scheduling is usually within 2-10 weeks.
What is Needed for the First Appointment:
- Complete the initial consultation forms. They can be viewed and printed here or sent to a prospective client’s email address per request.
- If you’d like me to review a copy of your most recent blood work, please include only the most recent and relevant for our first meeting. The $100 pre-payment review includes labs ranging from 1-4 pages in length. I am more interested in learning from you on the intake, later on we may do an extensive lab review. (Please inquire first before sending more than suggested due to HIPPA.)
- As a courtesy, please add the columns in the symptom survey when you fill out the 4 page form. Place the number to the right of each section. This is greatly appreciated and keeps me in “biochemistry mode” vs. “math mode.”
- Download and send the consultation forms to the secure email address.
- Pay via PayPal the $100 non-refundable prepayment when you submit your forms. ($100 will be deducted from your full $335 visit fee). This deposit is necessary to hold your upcoming consultation slot. It is non-refundable once an appointment is made and covers my pre-visit research and review of your forms.
- Once everything is received, your appointment will be confirmed. *
* Please note that the first consultation is an intake- only appointment and covers our 90 minutes together and my research pre- and post-visit. This research time usually requires 1-2 additional hour and is necessary to individualize and optimize your wellness suggestions for our next meeting. Our second consultation will be the actual wellness suggestions. It is suggested that you are ready to book both appointments prior to our initial consultation.
Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Follow-up Visits
- Progress Update & Wellness Plan Adjustment: $255, includes brief write-up, and brief and basic email clarification on wellness protocol
- 2nd Visit: Initial Plan of Action for Wellness Transformation/Health Goals: $295 for plan review for wellness goals
- Wellness Lab Review Consultations:
-$295 for review and wellness plan summary updates (complementary with your standard of care recommendations)
-Functional labs require an additional $100 reading fee ($395) (labs sold at wholesale rate)
- Acute Phone Consult & Quick Maintenance Check-Ins: $125 for acute issue consultations to complement conventional care for health events that occur
- Additional charges of $25 per 15 minutes for additional office services not covered under routine visit *
- Group Visits- to create community, I will be offering online programs, challenges, and group gatherings. Please use my contact form if you are interested.
**I am only able to effectively make wellness recommendations with an interactive dialogue. Therefore, for the highest level of individualized care, acute issues require a mini or full scheduled consultation so I can tailor a specific protocol for you.
Prepayment and service fees are required 24 hours prior to consultations.
Cancellation & Fee Policy
Due to the research, work, and time I invest in my clients’ individualized treatment plans, clients are subject to rescheduling and cancellation fees. (Void in urgent circumstances or emergencies.)
- Clients are subject to a $65 cancellation fee for rescheduling or cancellations 48-24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Clients who give no notification of cancellation of appointments or less than 24 hours’ notice will be responsible for the full service fee of the appointment and will be billed via PayPal.
- Clients who are rescheduling frequently should be ready to pay at time of booking.
- Clients who have more than one no-show may be referred to another practitioner to continue their wellness care in conjunction with their PCP.
- Excessive rescheduling is grounds for reconsideration of the therapeutic relationship.