Combining Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine for Holistic Consultations
I use my own unique blend of naturopathic medicine and functional medicine in my practice.
The Naturopathic Medicine principles hold importance to addressing the whole person, not just organ parts, with the aim to get to the underlying root of your issue. It is not considered optimal to suppress symptoms without addressing the cause of the dysfunction, as this will not lead to true healing.
Functional Medicine is a system-based approach that views all body systems as connected. It also provides insight into your specific biochemical imbalances to offer precise supplement or medication guidance based on your unique body’s needs.
These two medical paradigms are rooted in an understanding of conventional medicine and how it interacts with integrative therapies for safe and effective wellness outcomes.
Overview: Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Consultations
I incorporate my training in naturopathic medicine and functional medicine to help empower individuals to achieve their current health goals. I use a combination of mind-body medicine, pharmaceutical-grade supplements, nutraceuticals, essential oils, and medical foods as my main therapeutic modalities.
Currently, my private wellness consultation practice is mostly through telephone. This means you can have your wellness consultations while you are cozy at home and can relax after without worrying about rushing through traffic. That being said, I also understand the value of face-to-face interactions. For this reason, office hours will be available in the upcoming year.
You can learn more here.
Naturopathic and Functional Medicine Wellness Visits Offered Include *
- A combined naturopathic medicine and functional medicine consult with spacious individualized attention
- Email clarifications between visits regarding the current plan discussed
- Recommendations continually assessed and updated based on your own unique bio- individuality and changes that occur
- Functional assessment of conventional labs with lab comprehensive as necessary
- Suggestions that integrate naturopathic and functional medicine with conventional options from your PCP
- Functional lab assessments from specialized labs per request
- Expertise on the latest in medicine and health from extensive after hours training
- Health updates through weekly-bimonthly email blogs (if you so choose)
- Summary of health and wellness notes available by request
- Comprehensive nutritional & body wellness support
- A naturopathic doctor who has signed the Health at Every Size pledge. This means I honor all body sizes and believe that everyone, regardless of body size, ethnicity, race, gender identity, religion, or belief deserves optimal wellness care.**
- Virtual dispensary for optimizing individualized selection
- Discounted shipping rates
*Please note all wellness consultations are virtual, through telephone, unless prearranged.
**Specific food plans are used for those with unique health challenges ONLY when appropriate and are discussed thoroughly with extensive guidance. I am not a fan of long-term, restrictive eating patterns.
Information for New Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Clients
Typical individualized new consultations run for approximately 90 minutes and the initial consultation fee is $315 (including the $100 prepayment).
My office uses PayPal for service fees which are due 24 hours prior to the time of service to secure your appointment.
Please have access to a computer and email account. My practice’s preferred method of communication and clarification is via email when possible. This keeps my overhead lower so I can keep my communication direct with my clients rather than hire someone as a middleman.
Although I am a licensed naturopathic doctor, NYS does not currently license naturopathic physicians as Primary Care Providers (PCP); therefore, insurance does not cover Naturopathic or Functional Medicine consultations or allow prescribing rights in New York. I assist clients as a wellness consultant and a partner in empowering them with information for a healthy and more vital life; drug-nutrient and drug-herbal interactions; optimizing and safe use of supplementation; and more! Click here to learn more.
Information for Scheduling a New Naturopathic and Functional Medicine Consultation
Please contact me prior to your completion of forms to have a FREE 15-minute brief consultation to see if we are a good therapeutic match. I want to ensure you get what you need, even it means referring you to someone else who has a different specialty!
Steps for Scheduling:
- Complete the initial consultation forms. They can be viewed and printed here or sent to a prospective client’s email address per request.
- Include a copy of your most recent blood work (up to 1-4 pages in length) or relevant lab image summaries for review if you desire me to review them prior to our meeting. Legally, I cannot accept your full medical records at this time. (Please inquire first before sending more than suggested due to HIPPA.)
- As a courtesy, please add the columns in the symptom survey when you fill out this 4 page form. Place the number to the right of each section. This is greatly appreciated and keeps me in “biochemistry mode” vs. “math mode.”
- Download and send the consultation forms to the secure email address.
- Pay via PayPal the $100 non-refundable prepayment when you submit your forms. ($100 will be deducted from your full $315 visit fee). This deposit is necessary to hold your upcoming consultation slot. It is non-refundable once an appointment is made and covers my pre-visit research and review of your forms.
- Once everything is received, you will be contacted to set up an appointment. This is typically to be scheduled in 2-8 weeks. *
* Please note that the first consultation is an intake- only appointment and covers our 90 minutes together and my research pre- and post-visit. This research time usually requires 1-2 additional hour and is necessary to individualize and optimize your wellness suggestions for our next meeting. Our second consultation will be the actual wellness suggestions. It is suggested that you are ready to book both appointments prior to our initial consultation.
Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Follow-up Visits
- Regular Follow Up: $245 for up to 60 minutes, brief write-up, basic email clarification on wellness protocol
- 2nd Visit Comprehensive Review, Consultation, and Wellness Plan Overview: $265 for up to 60 minutes
- Wellness Lab Review Consultations:
-$295 for 90 min visit
-Functional labs require an additional $100 reading fee ($395) (labs sold at wholesale rate)
- Acute Phone Consult & Quick Maintenance Check-Ins: $100 / 25 minutes (25 minutes is the minimum amount of time for an acute issue that needs to be addressed between visits, it does not replace a follow-up visit. Maintenance check-ins will be charged in 25 minute intervals.)
- Additional charges of $25 per 15 minutes for additional office services not covered under routine visit *
**I am only able to effectively make wellness recommendations with an interactive dialogue. Therefore, for the highest level of individualized care, acute issues require a mini or full scheduled consultation so I can tailor a specific protocol for you.
*Short summaries of wellness recommendations are still available with no extra charge and clarifications from office visits and quick comments and feedback via email are still welcome!
Prepayment and service fees are required 24 hours prior to consultations.
Cancellation & Fee Policy
Due to the research, work, and time I invest in my clients’ individualized treatment plans, clients are subject to rescheduling and cancellation fees. (Void in urgent circumstances or emergencies.)
- Clients are subject to a $65 cancellation fee for rescheduling or cancellations 48-24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Clients who give no notification of cancellation of appointments or less than 24 hours’ notice will be responsible for the full service fee of the appointment and will be billed via PayPal.
- Clients who are rescheduling frequently should be ready to pay at time of booking.
- Clients who have more than one no-show may be referred to another practitioner to continue their wellness care in conjunction with their PCP.
- Excessive rescheduling is grounds for reconsideration of the therapeutic relationship.