It is virtually impossible to escape the buildup of chemicals that are accumulating in our bodies at concerning rates. The evidence is mounting that we are continually adding to our toxic burden with what we buy, what we apply, the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat. Concerning, these substances are being linked to disorders of our immune, reproductive, neurological, and cardiovascular systems.
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) released a recent report detailing 212 chemicals found in blood and urine samples of participants and correlated them with negative effects on the body. As more substances are being allowed into our environment, with very little government oversite, this list being biomonitored in subjects expands.
As if this wasn’t enough to scare the health out of you, babies are already full of these chemicals at birth. This is horrifying because they are more vulnerable to harm due to their small sizes, critical growth periods in which these substances can negatively alter, and suboptimal detoxification abilities.
In this video, I further discuss the importance of choosing safe, non-toxic, and sustainable products to decrease the risk of excess exposures and safeguard our planet for future generations. Of course, essential oils are part of my recommendation to optimize our resiliency to threats and support our body’s natural defense from chemicals.
Watch this 10-minute video to learn more about this topic and how to access a resource on a product that can have a big impact on the whole family’s health. Additionally, you will discover:
- Why products on the market aren’t necessarily safe and are “innocent until proven harmful.”
- How the European Union differs with the U.S. in regulations of its merchandise.
- New legislation that may positively impact U.S. monitoring of substances on the market, though not passed yet. (Here is additional background on cosmetics and safety.)
- What the CDC’s latest report means regarding the relationship between chemical exposure and our health.
- A study done with little babies that showed they are swimming in a soup of harmful toxins in utero.
- Why it’s a critical time to pay more attention to how environmental impacts are influencing chronic diseases and the health of our children.
- The extra concern with exposures during critical times of development.
- Some simple ways to reduce our risks including eating organic, filtering our water, and purchasing natural and safe personal care and cosmetic products.
- How essential oils can support our bodies natural detoxification mechanisms and that one product swap can have a big health impact.
Click here for the accompanying article with additional resources, safety considerations, references, and more information.
Wiping Away the Stress of “Toxic Overload!”
Next week, I will reveal to you how one product, all-natural, essential oil-diffused baby wipes, exhibit how with one, tiny, product swap, we can have a big health impact. Furthermore, these scent-sational travel companions are not just safe for mamma’s-to-be and babies to use. They can be used as a makeup remover, bathroom wipes for grownups, hand sanitizers during sticky barbecues, and more.
I’ll also provide a comprehensive list of safety information for oils in infants and pregnancy from previous posts.
If you are subscriber, you will have access via a secret password to view the whole article.
If not, you’ll have this week to get this exclusive article by subscribing below!
Feel free to comment below!
*Safety reminder: Please be extra sure to check with your doctor if you have a seizure disorder. The Epilepsy Society of the UK lists certain essential oils implicated for their antiseizure effect as well as those that have stimulating properties.
For additional safety and medical information, please be sure to visit my essential oils database. This includes a full category on how to use essential oils safely and potential drug interactions that can occur.
If you and/or your physician are interested in consulting with me to assist with supporting the integration of essential oils safely into a therapeutic protocol, essential oils consultations are available.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
Disclaimer: This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.