This video is within my series on using integrative methods to support psychiatric issues and brain disorders. Previous reviews on clinically validated essential oils to support mental health can be accessed at this link.
Recently, I summarized how essential oils can tame the psyche and benefit the body. I have currently been focusing on the power of sage oil for its role in supporting memory and additional brain-enhancing properties.
In this 10-minute video, I highlight various other essential oils’ that also possess the potential to prevent cognitive and neurological decline.
- How the aroma and physical properties of the hundreds of compounds present in essential oils combine to provide synergistic benefits on emotional, physical, and mental health.
- A summary of sage oils’ impact on memory.
- A discussion on an article review relating to how the actions of certain essential oils in experimental trials translate to benefits in humans.
- My disclaimer on the importance of considering biochemical individuality, essential oils safety, and quality when selecting which essential oils to implement.
- The various mechanisms and clinical trials using essential oils to modulate brain functioning and their effects on neurotransmitters, memory, immune modulation, neurological parameters, and attention span.
- Results from experimental studies with essential oils that demonstrate that they can positively influence various cognitive processes and neurological pathways.
- Why essential oils may have been ancient nootropics!
Please see the accompanying article for additional resources, safety considerations, references, and more information here.
Feel free to comment below!
*Safety reminder: Please be extra sure to check with your doctor if you have a seizure disorder. The Epilepsy Society of the UK lists certain essential oils implicated for their antiseizure effect as well as those that have stimulating properties.
For additional safety and medical information, please be sure to visit my essential oils database. This includes a full category on how to use essential oils safely and potential drug interactions that can occur.
If you and/or your physician are interested in consulting with me to assist with supporting the integration of essential oils safely into a therapeutic protocol, essential oils consultations are available.
Coming Up: More Oils for Brain Health and the Essential Oils “Baby Wipe” Craze
Stay tuned for information on more oils that have brain-boosting benefits and a wrap up on this series.
I will also be providing an EXCLUSIVE article to my email subscribers on one of my favorite essential oils products. It is practical and safe for infants and adults alike and very handy for the summer months.
Learn why a combination of essential oils and skin soothing ingredients in the form of a baby wipe has me excited!
Make sure you sign up for my newsletter to learn more!
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
Disclaimer: This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.