This year, going back-to-school brings many new challenges and stressors. As parents, kids, teachers, and university students head back to their classrooms or “zoom-rooms,” the additional requirements, touted risks, and new guidelines have added to the burden of this already delicate transition. It’s also no secret that the financial pressures from the economic downfall, compounded by spending on additional school supplies, are taking a massive toll on society’s mental health. (source, source, source, source) Although we are all affected, this time is especially challenging for those who have a child or loved one with a mental health diagnosis, behavioral disorder, or are from a stigmatized group. (source)
For all of these reasons, I have compiled a resource page of past articles on the topic of entering the school year with more ease. I also recently published a blog on several September soothing oils and blends that are often overlooked, but are also helpful.
This accompanying video reviews the key highlights from all of these posts and is meant to be an easier-access point for busy pupils and educators.
Topics discussed in this 15-minute video include:
- How essential oils powerfully impact emotions and brain health.
- Why quality counts when using essential oils.
- Three of my go-to blends for back-to-school. These include:
- a calming and uplifting citrus blend for children
- a mixture to enhance motivation, mood, and concentration
- a soothing combination that also enhances focus
- The differences in brain functioning in those with a psychiatric illness.
- How essential oils relieve anxiety and balance psychological issues, not just alleviate stress.
- The importance of considering the many brain factors, not just neurotransmitter balance, to support mental health in children and adults.
- How copaiba oil can support the endocannabinoid system and its homeostatic regulation of important body functions.
- Why a Purifying Environment Blend is needed to prevent toxic exposures to the brain.
- A Head Tension Relief Blend for especially stressful days.
- … and several honorable mentions.
To access additional references and the associated article click here.
Do you have a favorite oil I missed that is supporting you during this time?
Please comment below.
Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
According to experts and the World Health Organization (WHO), there is no approved standard of care treatment, cure, or preventative for COVID-19. Supportive measures and containment are in full force as a result. Please see the CDC website and your state’s website for more information and updates. They also state when to contact your physician related to symptoms and travel history, exposures. Please read my more detailed article on this subject here.
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.
Thanks Pixabay and Canva.