Weekend Oily Tip: Fearlessness and Freedom with Essential Oils
The video starts at the 42sec mark.
Please excuse and forward through the first 42 sec. I was in a different setting and the editing and internet options are not ideal, but I wanted to speak with you all!
Note: Some videos are now only available to paid subscribers and clients.
Can Certain Essential Oils Really Promote Better Moods, Calmer Minds, and More Courage?
Remember the last time you caught a whiff of your favorite perfume or inhaled the emissions of a frightened skunk?
Bet you didn’t stop to think how you felt as soon as the odor hit that pretty lil’ nose of yours!
In this video I dive into the science on the neuroanatomy of smell…in simple to understand terms!
I discuss how aromas impact our moods instantaneously because smell is the only sense that is directly linked to the emotional part of our brain. This may have been a survival mechanism to run away from danger or move toward food or a mate. Regardless, whether its the smell of fear, inhaling tempting pheromones, or pouring out tears of joy, odors are an immediate trigger for mood and behavioral shifts.
Essential oils also affect our state of mind through their aroma, but they have characteristics that give them much more powerful impacts. Their aromatic quality combines with their biochemical constituents (secondary metabolites) to impact our body’s own biochemistry and physiology. Furthermore, unlike synthetic fragrances that may smell pretty but cause damage to your body, quality essential oils will enhance our health.
Combining all this science on essential oils validates that essential oils can promote more emotional balance and enhance courage.
Watch this 15-minute video to learn more about the following topics:
- A basic overview on how smell is linked to the emotional part of the brain and how aromas impact mood.
- How essential oils’ constituents influence our biochemistry by modulating neurotransmitters (signaling molecules in the brain), hormones, oxidative stress, and inflammatory pathways and calming overall body and emotional stress.
- How essential oils effect brain function by altering its electricity! Learn how they’ve been shown to alter brain wave patterns linked to focus, attention, relaxation, and mood.
- How supporting the brain and body lead to less reactionary communication skills and opens one to be more receptive to healthy relationships.
- The impact of blending together certain essential oils for emotional responses to enhance bravery and heart synergy.
- The universal calming properties of the single essential oils of lavender and the stress-relieving, hormonal harmonizing rose geranium.
- A little skin hack that moisturizers and refreshes your skin after being outdoors all day!
I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback in the comment section below! 🙂
References for This Video
- Get all the references from the original article here.
- Safety First! Please review the resources for essential oils safety here.
- Essential Oils Quality
- Which Oil Should You Choose: A Summary on Synergy
- Systematic Overview of Aromatherapy Article
- Get an essential oils consult from me. I apply the philosophy and principles of the naturopathic and functional medicine to guide you with which essential oils and supplements will work best for you!
* Please note that the studies from PubMed aren’t specific for any essential oils company.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Independent Distributor, Affiliation link.)
Disclaimer: This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.
Thanks Pixabay for the image!