Weekend Oily Tip: The Wisdom of Sage and Gentleness of Geranium Oils
If you recall, a while ago I started a discussion on hormonal harmony with essential oils. It got interrupted a few times. First, it was due to the seasonally appropriate concept of phototoxicity. I felt this pause was necessary. This was in order to protect my sun-loving New England friends from the unwelcome skin effects that can result from slathering on certain essential oils and running out into the summer sunshine.
Next, the new product releases from the 2018 Young Living Essential Oils’ International Convention were announced. This caused me to take another detour from the hormonal health posts. For a few weeks, the focus was on their benefits with a special spotlight on kunzea essential oil. This single oil has very intriguing properties. I encourage you to consider learning more about it.
This week, it was back on topic. Due to the fact that many essential oils’ endocrine effects have been skewed in headlines and sensationalized, I’ve decided to acquit several essential oils that has been wrongly accused of causing reproductive harm on an individual basis.
So far, clary sage and fennel oils have been acquitted for misleading claims that they mess up hormones. These two oils, along with sage oil, have also been dismissed for accusations that they are unsafe when used responsibly… by humans.
Recently, on NatPath, I summarized these controversies. I also gave details on the sage oil verdict of not guilty. You can get the link here.
Listen in to this video to learn:
- Why clary sage, fennel, and sage oil really are safe and effective when used properly.
- The many uses for rose geranium and why it really shouldn’t be named “geranium.”
- The verdict on safety with rose geranium.
- Upcoming announcements.
References for This Video
- Safety First! Please review the resources for essential oils safety here.
- Essential Oils Quality
- Click here to contact me and become a BreakFree Medicine team member and I will be your guide for essential oils!
- Wanting to Get Started? The “Premium Starter Kit” provides an atomizer diffuser and eleven essential oils that will get you started on your oils’ journey. This will help you in finding which ones best resonate with your body and wellness needs that are ever changing. Scroll down this page to see what is included.
- Get an essential oils consult from me. I apply the philosophy and principles of the naturopathic and functional medicine to guide you with which essential oils and supplements will work best for you!
* Please note that the studies from PubMed aren’t specific for Young Living.
*Note: Young Living Essential Oils exceed verification of purity of other essential oil companies using their patented Seed to Seal® guarantee and obsessive verification of quality, much further beyond GC/MS.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Independent Distributor, Affiliation link.)
Disclaimer: This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.
Thanks Pixabay for the image!