Combining Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine for Holistic Consultations
The Naturopathic Medicine principles regard the whole person and aim to get to the underlying root of your issue. It is not considered optimal to control biochemistry by suppressing and hiding symptoms through drug therapy without addressing the cause of the dysfunction.
Functional Medicine provides insight into your unique biochemistry and offers biological means in how supplements or medications affect your particular body. These two medical paradigms are rooted in an understanding of conventional medicine and how it interacts with integrative therapies.
Overview of Dr. LoBisco’s Consultation Work
Dr. LoBisco currently incorporates her training in naturopathic medicine and functional medicine through writing, researching, private practice, and through her independent contracting work for companies regarding supplements, nutraceuticals, essential oils, and medical foods. She has a small, private wellness consultation practice through telephone. Dr. LoBisco also enjoys continuing to educate and empower her readers about how to incorporate naturopathic medicine and functional medicine for better health through her natural articles, blogs, and social media.
Dr. LoBisco holds a license in VT for naturopathic medicine. Due to licensing laws in NYS, her current role is as a consultant to provide support for wellness education and safe use of natural products and supplements. This is in order to enhance lifestyle and assist with re-balancing the body’s systems. She accomplishes this with her background in individualized, mind-body, and functional medicine.
Wellness Visits Offered Include *
- A combined naturopathic medicine and functional medicine consult with spacious individualized attention
- Email clarifications from visits (as necessary as related to current plan, this does not include new issues)
- Recommendations updated based on your own unique bio- individuality
- Functional assessment of conventional labs with lab comprehensive
- Suggestions that integrates holistic and natural medicine with conventional options from your PCP
- Functional lab assessments per request
- Dr. LoBisco’s expertise and passion on the latest in medicine and health from her extensive after hours training & own geeky research.
- Health updates through weekly-bimonthly email blogs
- Summary of health and wellness notes available by request
- Comprehensive nutritional & body wellness support (I do NOT promote diet mentality, promise specific weight goals, and/or use any form of dysfunctional eating patterns or plans disguised as “health”)**
- Virtual dispensary for optimizing individualized selection
- Discounted shipping rates
*Please note all wellness consultations are virtual, through telephone.
**Specific food plans are used for those with unique health challenges ONLY when appropriate and are discussed thoroughly with extensive guidance.
Information for New Clients
Typical individualized new consultations run for approximately 90 minutes and the initial consultation fee is $315 (including the $100 prepayment).
Our office uses PayPal for service fees which are due prior to the time of service.
Please have access to a computer and email account. Our practice’s preferred method of communication and clarification is via email when possible.
Although, Dr. LoBisco is a licensed naturopathic doctor, NYS does not currently license naturopathic physicians as Primary Care Providers (PCP); therefore, insurance does not cover Naturopathic or Functional Medicine consultations or allow prescribing rights. Dr. LoBisco is still able to assist her clients as a wellness consultant and a partner in empowering them with information for a healthy and more vital life; drug-nutrient and drug-herbal interactions; optimizing and safe use of supplementation; and more! Click here to learn more about Dr. LoBisco’s qualifications.
Information for Scheduling for New Clients
Please contact us prior to your completion of forms to establish if we are accepting new clients at this time and to have a free, brief consultation to see if you are good therapeutic match. If Dr. LoBisco’s calendar is more than a few months full, we will request you to hold your forms for a specified time until Dr. LoBisco’s schedule is freed up again to allow for a spacious and therapeutic healing space for new clients.
- Complete the initial consultation forms. They can be viewed and printed here or sent to a prospective client’s email address per request.
- You are also welcome to include a copy of your most recent blood work (up to 1-4 pages in length) or relevant lab image summaries for Dr. LoBisco’s review. We cannot accept your full medical records at this time. Dr. LoBisco will let you know if more information is needed after you meet for your visit. (There will be an additional charge for lab review exceeding 4 pages and specialized labs. Please inquire first before sending more than required.)
- We’d appreciate that you make note to add the columns in the symptom survey when you fill out this 4 page form. Please put the number to the right of each section.
- Please download and send the consultation forms to our secure email address and process through PayPal the $100 non-refundable prepayment atleast 2 weeks prior to your visit. ($100 will be deducted from your full $315 visit fee).
- The deposit is necessary to hold your upcoming consultation slot. It is non-refundable once an appointment is made.
- Once everything is received, we will contact you to set up an appointment. This is typically to be scheduled in 2-8 weeks. *
* Please note that the first consultation is an intake- only appointment and covers our 90 minutes together and my research post-visit. This research time usually requires 1-2 additional hours after we hang up and is necessary to individualize and optimize your wellness suggestions for our next meeting. Our second consultation will be the actual wellness suggestions. It is suggested that you are ready to book both appointments prior to our initial consultation.
Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Follow-up Visits
- Regular Follow Up: $245 for up to 60 minutes, brief write-up, basic email clarification on wellness protocol
- 2nd Visit Comprehensive Review, Consultation, and Wellness Plan Overview: $265 for up to 60 minutes
- Wellness Lab Review Consultations:
-$295 for 90 min visit
-Functional labs require an additional $100 reading fee ($395) (labs sold at wholesale rate)
- Acute Phone Consult & Quick Maintenance Check-Ins: $100 / 25 minutes (25 minutes is the minimum amount of time for an acute issue that needs to be addressed between visits, it does not replace a follow-up visit. Maintenance check-ins will be charged in 25 minute intervals.)
- Additional charges of $25 per 15 minutes for additional office services not covered under routine visit *
**Dr. LoBisco is only able to effectively make wellness recommendations with an interactive dialogue. Therefore, for the highest level of individualized care, acute issues require a mini or full scheduled consultation. Dr. LoBisco will tailor a specific protocol for you.
*Short summaries of wellness recommendations are still available with no extra charge and clarifications from office visits and quick comments and feedback via email are still welcome!
Prepayment and service fees are required 72 hours prior to consultations.
Cancellation & Fee Policy
Due to the research, work, and time Dr. LoBisco puts into my individualized treatment plan prior to an appointment and following it, clients are subject to rescheduling and cancellation fees.
- Clients are subject to a $65 cancellation fee for rescheduling or cancellations 72 hours or less prior to their appointment.
- Clients who give no notification of cancellation of appointments or less than 48 hours’ notice of a change in appointment will be responsible for the full service fee of the appointment and will be billed via PayPal.
- Clients who are rescheduling should pay at time of booking.
- Clients who have more than one no-show may be referred to another practitioner to continue their wellness care in conjunction with their PCP.