Combining Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine for Holistic Consultations
The Naturopathic Medicine principles regard the whole person and aim to get to the underlying root of your issue. It is not considered optimal to control biochemistry by suppressing and hiding symptoms through drug therapy without addressing the cause of the dysfunction.
Functional Medicine provides insight into your unique biochemistry and offers biological means in how supplements or medications affect your particular body. These two medical paradigms are rooted in an understanding of conventional medicine and how it interacts with integrative therapies.
Overview of Consultation Work
I incorporate my training in naturopathic medicine and functional medicine through writing, researching, private practice, and through my independent contracting work for companies regarding supplements, nutraceuticals, essential oils, and medical foods. Currently, my private wellness consultation practice is solely through telephone.
You can learn more about me and read my bio here.
Wellness Visits Offered Include *
- A combined naturopathic medicine and functional medicine consult with spacious individualized attention
- Email clarifications from visits (as necessary as related to current plan, this does not include new issues)
- Recommendations updated based on your own unique bio- individuality
- Functional assessment of conventional labs with lab comprehensive
- Suggestions that integrates holistic and natural medicine with conventional options from your PCP
- Functional lab assessments per request
- Expertise on the latest in medicine and health from extensive after hours training & own geeky research.
- Health updates through weekly-bimonthly email blogs (if you so choose)
- Summary of health and wellness notes available by request
- Comprehensive nutritional & body wellness support (I do NOT promote diet mentality, promise specific weight goals, and/or use any form of dysfunctional eating patterns or plans disguised as “health”)**
- Virtual dispensary for optimizing individualized selection
- Discounted shipping rates
*Please note all wellness consultations are virtual, through telephone.
**Specific food plans are used for those with unique health challenges ONLY when appropriate and are discussed thoroughly with extensive guidance.
Information for New Clients
Typical individualized new consultations run for approximately 90 minutes and the initial consultation fee is $315 (including the $100 prepayment).
My office uses PayPal for service fees which are due prior to the time of service.
Please have access to a computer and email account. My practice’s preferred method of communication and clarification is via email when possible.
Although, I am a licensed naturopathic doctor, NYS does not currently license naturopathic physicians as Primary Care Providers (PCP); therefore, insurance does not cover Naturopathic or Functional Medicine consultations or allow prescribing rights. I assist clients as a wellness consultant and a partner in empowering them with information for a healthy and more vital life; drug-nutrient and drug-herbal interactions; optimizing and safe use of supplementation; and more! Click here to learn more.
Information for Scheduling for New Clients
Please contact me prior to your completion of forms to establish if I am accepting new clients at this time and to have a free, brief consultation to see if you are good therapeutic match.
- Complete the initial consultation forms. They can be viewed and printed here or sent to a prospective client’s email address per request.
- You are also welcome to include a copy of your most recent blood work (up to 1-4 pages in length) or relevant lab image summaries for review. Legally, I cannot accept your full medical records at this time. (Please inquire first before sending more than required.)
- Please add the columns in the symptom survey when you fill out this 4 page form. Please put the number to the right of each section.
- Please download and send the consultation forms to the secure email address and process through PayPal the $100 non-refundable prepayment at least 2 weeks prior to your visit. ($100 will be deducted from your full $315 visit fee). This deposit is necessary to hold your upcoming consultation slot. It is non-refundable once an appointment is made.
- Once everything is received, you will be contacted to set up an appointment. This is typically to be scheduled in 2-8 weeks. *
* Please note that the first consultation is an intake- only appointment and covers our 90 minutes together and my research post-visit. This research time usually requires 1-2 additional hour and is necessary to individualize and optimize your wellness suggestions for our next meeting. Our second consultation will be the actual wellness suggestions. It is suggested that you are ready to book both appointments prior to our initial consultation.
Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Follow-up Visits
- Regular Follow Up: $245 for up to 60 minutes, brief write-up, basic email clarification on wellness protocol
- 2nd Visit Comprehensive Review, Consultation, and Wellness Plan Overview: $265 for up to 60 minutes
- Wellness Lab Review Consultations:
-$295 for 90 min visit
-Functional labs require an additional $100 reading fee ($395) (labs sold at wholesale rate)
- Acute Phone Consult & Quick Maintenance Check-Ins: $100 / 25 minutes (25 minutes is the minimum amount of time for an acute issue that needs to be addressed between visits, it does not replace a follow-up visit. Maintenance check-ins will be charged in 25 minute intervals.)
- Additional charges of $25 per 15 minutes for additional office services not covered under routine visit *
**I am only able to effectively make wellness recommendations with an interactive dialogue. Therefore, for the highest level of individualized care, acute issues require a mini or full scheduled consultation so I can tailor a specific protocol for you.
*Short summaries of wellness recommendations are still available with no extra charge and clarifications from office visits and quick comments and feedback via email are still welcome!
Prepayment and service fees are required 24 hours prior to consultations.
Cancellation & Fee Policy
Due to the research, work, and time I invest in my clients’ individualized treatment plans, clients are subject to rescheduling and cancellation fees. (Void in urgent circumstances or emergencies.)
- Clients are subject to a $65 cancellation fee for rescheduling or cancellations 48 hours or less prior to their appointment.
- Clients who give no notification of cancellation of appointments or less than 24 hours’ notice of a change in appointment will be responsible for the full service fee of the appointment and will be billed via PayPal.
- Clients who are rescheduling should pay at time of booking.
- Clients who have more than one no-show may be referred to another practitioner to continue their wellness care in conjunction with their PCP.
- Excessive rescheduling is grounds for reconsideration of the therapeutic relationship.