My recent articles have provided evidence that essential oils can impact brain health and mood in many ways. These holistic plant metabolites offer multifactorial effects for benefiting the psyche as well as the physical body.
In this video, I continue with the theme of using essential oils for the mind. The main focus is on their actions for preserving memory, cognition, and the prevention of dementia. Of course, one of the main oils for memory is sage, so this superstar essential oil premiers in this conversation as well.
Watch this 8-minute video to learn:
- Why essential oils are one of my favorite integrative tools to help address emotional and neurological conditions.
- The role of lavender oil for mood support.
- The benefits of sage oil for memory function.
- An article review’s conclusions on essential oils for psychiatric disorders based on experimental studies and results from clinical trials.
- The caveats of confusing isolated compounds for the actions of essential oils in humans regarding safe use.
- The wide range of uses for sage oil and how these are important for an integrative approach to brain preservation.
- How sage oil effected brain health markers in studies (in vitro and in vivo) and the correlation to memory effects in humans.
- The implications of using essential oils for preventing cognitive decline and dementia.
- Other essential oils that can be used for promoting healthy, young brains.
Please see the accompanying article for additional resources, safety considerations, references, and more information here.
Feel free to comment below!
*Safety reminder: Please be extra sure to check with your doctor if you have a seizure disorder. The Epilepsy Society of the UK lists certain essential oils implicated for their antiseizure effect as well as those that have stimulating properties.
For additional safety and medical information, please be sure to visit my essential oils database. This includes a full category on how to use essential oils safely and potential drug interactions that can occur.
If you and/or your physician are interested in consulting with me to assist with supporting the integration of essential oils safely into a therapeutic protocol, essential oils consultations are available.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
Disclaimer: This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.